Easy AF Garlic Bread
We here at Buenas will not sit here and BS you and say silly things like, "We don't eat Texas Toast," because Texas Toast (the frozen one, any brand) is amazing and perfect for certain of life's moments. HOWEVER, our Chimichurri makes some bomb garlic bread and it's as easy as opening a package of Texas Toast. The coolest part about it is you get to use any bread and cheese you want. Technically, you could also use whichever Chimichurri you want, but like, you should use ours.
This is one I made in about 11 minutes upon arriving to a party at a friend's house. It could've been more like 9 minutes but I paused to make a Mimosa.
How did we get here? Super easy. I picked up a few things at Brookline Grown:
- Day old bread—not only does buying day old bread usually save $, it saves places from throwing out perfectly good food. Wins all around.
- Buenas Chimichurri
- The Cheese Guy Fresh Mozzarella, which is so good, btw.
Then I made my way to the party and immediately got to work. All I did was:
- Brush a little water on the outside of the bread (with my hands) since it was just a little hard on account of being day old bread. Doing this rehydrates the bread and helps you avoid it getting too crispy in the oven.
- Cut loaf in half length-wise.
- Slather each half with Chimi.
- Cut cheese in slices, put that on the bread.
Last but most importantly, I put the cheese-and-Chimified bread (on foil) in the oven, on broil, for roughly 4 and a half minutes, almost 5.
The end product looks like this and tastes even better:
Voilà. Easy AF Garlic Bread. Makes great company to a saucy plate of pasta or a snowy day like the one we are in for tomorrow. Guess who's flexing their garlic bread muscle whilst waiting for work emails to come rolling in. 🙋 me.
If you're trying a version of this at home, we'd love to see. Hit us up on Instagram: @buenasbrand